Microneedling is a popular skincare treatment that can help improve the appearance of your skin. It involves using a device to create tiny punctures in the skin, which can help to stimulate collagen production and improve the overall texture and tone of the skin.
Importance of microneedling.
Microneedling is a minimally-invasive skincare treatment that can offer a number of benefits for the skin. It can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, pigmentation, and overall skin texture and tone. Microneedling can also be used to help address other concerns such as hair loss.
While microneedling is generally considered to be a safe and effective skincare treatment, it is important to take proper care of your skin after the procedure. This includes cleaning the skin gently and applying sunscreen when outdoors. It is also important to avoid picking at or scratching the skin, as this can lead to infection or scarring.
If you are considering microneedling, be sure to consult with a skincare professional to see if the treatment is right for you.
Dos of microneedling:
- Cleanse your skin before microneedling to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup.
- Apply a numbing cream to the treatment area before starting the procedure.
- Use a sterile microneedling device that has been properly sanitized.
- Start with a lower setting on the microneedling device and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated.
- Apply a clean, sterile bandage to the treatment area after microneedling.
- Gently cleanse the treatment area and apply a soothing moisturizer or serum afterwards.
- Apply sunscreen to the treatment area when outdoors to protect the skin from sun damage.
The burning sensation after microneedling is common. The small opening on the skin may irritate you. Make sure not to touch the face and also avoid following your regular skincare routine.
After Microneedling Dos
- Apply a fragrance-free cleanser if needed. Some experts do not allow washing the face after the treatment.
- If you’ve dry skin, follow serum products or products that are gel-based, offering a protective shield.
- Ensure you overly hydrate yourself for the next week as microneedling after care.
- Regular application of sunscreen with higher SPF.
- From the third day, start getting back to your normal skincare routine. Introduce gentle products that do not have irritant. A gentle facial cleanser, moisturizer, and hydrating serum are fine at the beginning.
- From the 3rd day, get back to your light physical activity. One can also start wearing light makeup. The better option is not to wear at all.
- If you feel your skin has healed, you can introduce some active ingredients too from the day 5th. Keep in mind that this should be slow.
After Microneedling Don’ts
- Avoid heavy physical activity. This includes avoiding all the activities that may result in sweating. Even hot baths and shower should be avoided.
- Its better to avoid sun. But if it’s urgent, wearing a hat so your face is covered along SPF sunscreen is must.
- Avoid wearing makeup until you heal completely.
- Do not apply any active ingredients on the face like your retinol or vitamin c serum. Also avoid every other facial treatment.
- Stash away all skincare tools as these may lead to infection.
- Avoid iBuprofen as this may interface the recovery phase.
- Also avoid wearing a mask with freshly-microneedled skin.
- Do not pick dry skin at all.
- Avoid every kind of skin treatment even if you feel better on day 5th. This means you have to say to invasive procedures.
When done correctly, microneedling is an effective treatment for face. The only beautiful result is achieved when you ensure proper after care!