Your skin and your skin problems are a major concern for it being an essential organ in the body. Just like your skin varies from the other person on the planet, the skin diseases also differ depending on the skin type. Where some of the problems are temporary, the others may be permanent. Similarly these can either be the one “not to stress for” or the one “threatening for life”. Believing in the fact that skin is your essential asset, it is therefore vital to rush towards the doctor if any of the skin diseases feels serious.
Common skin diseases and skin disorders
Where diseases such as skin cancer are serious enough and therefore not to risk, there are also some that cannot be dealt via the home remedies. Some of the common ones include the floowing;
Eczema has been defined as a chronic skin problem that causes the skin to either become irritated or inflamed.
Home remedies for eczema
- Apply aloe vera gel (directly from it’s leaf)
- Take warm water bath, having 2 cups apple cider vinegar mixed in water
- Avoid scrubbing any part of the skin
- Apply cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil directly after the bath
- Dab honey on the affected area
- Manage a healthy diet routine
- Make use of gentle soaps and detergents
Melanoma is a life-threatening skin diseases, defined as a serious skin cancer that appears as the moles mainly on people with fair-skinned. When they grow over the passage of time, these grow bigger and also a change in color is notified.
Home remedies for Melanoma
- Avoid sun exposure as much as you can
- Wear effective sunscreen
- Follow activities that can help with improving cardiovascular health
- Relax more and use ice packs
- Go for any physical therapy
- Try having some herbal medicines
- Add naturopathic medicines as a part of life
Carbuncle is among the painful skin problems that appears as an irritated red lump under the skin accompanied by body aches, fatigue, and fever.
Home remedies for carbuncle
- Avoid squeezing the carbuncle as it may spread the infection
- Prevent contamination
- Warm compresses
Actinic keratosis is a thick and crusty skin patch that mainly appears on the skin exposed to the sun. Concerning the size, it is mainly less than 2 cm while it’s color is pink and maybe brown, gray, or tan.
Home remedies for actinic keratosis
- Apply the wet green tea bag, soaked in the warm water
- Dip fingers in tea tree oil and wash away (continue the step twice or thrice a day)
- Apply extra-virgin coconut oil on the affected area
- Apply apple cider vinegar using a clean cotton ball
Blisters are the small watery lumps that can appear on any part of the body. These are watery and fluid-filled area on the skin, not to be stressed about.
Home remedies for blisters
- Apply lemon balm when this affect lips
- Apply aloe vera and vaseline when this affects on feet, toes, and heels.
- Apply coconut oil, calendula when this affects on fingers
It is again a skin rash that appears red, itchy, and disc-shaped. This scaly red patch on the skin is followed by symptoms that include headaches, painful joints, fatigue, fever, etc. These warm rashes are known to appear on the cheeks and spread all over, especially when exposed to sunlight.
Home remedies for lupus
- Intake omega-3 fatty acids rich food
- Eat more ginger and turmeric in your meal
- Add vitamin and mineral supplements in your daily diet
- Relieve stress via mind-body therapies
Cold sores can be defined as the skin condition that appears near the lips and mouth in the form of red, painful, and fluid-filled blister. The outbreak of such a skin condition accompanies swollen lymph nodes, lower fever, mild-flu, etc.
Home remedies for cold sores
- Apply aloe vera gel directly extracted from the leaf
- Apply petroleum jelly to avoid discomfort
- Intake the lysine supplements
- Apply ice or cold cloth (the one soaked in cold water)
Hives on the skin are itchy, raised welts that appears in red color and are warm and mildly painful. Concerning the shape, these are small and round and sometime randomly-shaped as well.
Home remedies for hives
- Itch-relieving bath
- Use cold compress
- Avoid the application of irritating products
- Sit in a cooler and comfortable temperature
- Apply aloe vera
Squamous cell carcinoma
This is a skin condition that occurs mainly in the areas that are exposed to the sun. These appear like the scaly, reddish patch which raises the bump on the skin. The worst about it is that it bleeds and bleeds, but does not heal.
Home remedies for squamous cell carcinoma
- This is a type of skin cancer that cannot be healed with any natural treatment. Therefore, it is essential to consult the doctor as soon as it is diagnosed.
This medical emergency is due to the bacteria or fungus entering into the skin via the wounds. From the touch it feelsoft and tender, but is painful and appears red in color along with swollen skin. Such a skin diseases requires immidiate consultation with the doctor.
Home remedies for cellulitis
- Apply cold compress
- Elevate the affected area
- Ensure keeping the area clean
- Prevent uncovering the wound
Latex allergy is a medical emergency, caused after one being exposed to the latex product. Accompanied by watery eyes, sneezing, itching, runny nose, etc, this severe allergy can cause swelling and breathing difficulty.
Home remedies for latex allergy
- There is no home remedy to deal with latex allergy. The best is to avoid consuming or using latex products.
Psoriasis can be defined as a popular skin problem which is known for producing the thicker red plaque, normally covered with the silvery scales. Having suffered from this skin diseases, it is the only itching that disturbs and distracts one. Therefore, it is beneficial to always look for a heavier cream that may inlcude any moisturizer with a thicker layer or a petroleum jelly that works wonder.
Home remedies for psoriasis
- Moisturizing the skin is the key
- Be friendly to the skin
- Add some dead sea salt into your bath tub (moisturize after bathing)
- Add turmeric-rich food into your daily diet
- Soak oats in your bath tub and relax
- Goodbye to stress
- Plastic wrap the affected area when going to sleep
- Apply aloe vera for soothing
Measles have been a common skin diseases that appears in the form of rashes accompanied by fever, red, watery eyes, sore throat, cough, etc. It does not irritate any particular part of the skin. Instead, irritates the entire body.
Home remedies for measles
- Use a humidifier
- Give rest to your eyes in cold
- Stay hydrated
- Seek some respiratory relief
Contact dermatitis is an allergy on the skin, causing rashes and therefore irritating. The red and scaly is not really a cause of concern.
Home remedies for contact dermatitis
- Avoid scratching the skin as it worsens the skin condition
- Use mild soap and wash with lukewarm water for the relief
- Moisturize with petroleum jelly
- Apply anti-itch lotions recommended by doctors
Also known as varicella, chickenpox is defined by the itchy red blisters, appearing all over the body. Such an itchy skin conditions leave marks and it is therefore essential to deal with it.
Home remedies for chickenpox
- Lukewarm water baths
- Wearing the softer clothings, lighter in weight
- Application of unscented lotion
Warts can be defined as a skin condition in which one sees the ugly raised bumps. The are not dangerous at all but do have some types including filiform warts, flat warts, common warts, etc.
Home remedies for warts
- Soak wart in water for 15 minutes
- Spray concentrated cold air
Acne is just a common term and common enough for anyone on this planet. Being a curse of adolescence, researches have show that almost 80% of the adults are effected and suffer acne. The reason can be any, i.e. this may be due to the genetics, change of hormones, infections, unhealthy diet, etc.
Home remedies for acne
- Change your pillowcase
- Ice your face and the affected area as well, but gently
- Add zinc and fish oil supplement in your regular routine
- Honey and cinnamon mask
- Prepare a mixture of 1 part tea tree oil and 9 parts of water. Apply using the cotton on the affected areas.
- Moisturize your face with aloe vera twice a day
- Exfoliate regularly to prevent any dead skin
Also known as seborrheic eczema, it is an inflammatory skin diseases that affects the scalp mainly, causing scaly and red patches either on the face or upper body. Where strong chemicals immidiately can leave an impact on the skin for life time, it is beneficial to treat it with natural home remedies first.
Home remedies for seborrheic dermatitis
- Start in-take of fish oil
- Apply aloe vera
- Use products comprising tea tree oil
- Coat your scalp with olive oil
- Follow a healthy diet plan comprising green veggies, fruits, almonds, sweet potatoes, etc.
It is a rare skin tissue infection that destroys the tissues within the skin and muscles. Among all the other skin problems, this is among the fastest moving form of infection, caused by flesh-eating bacteria. Once it is diagnosed, it is better to consult the doctor as is life-threatening.
Home remedies for Necrotising fasciitis
- Since it is one of the dangerous and life-threatening diseases, it cannot be treated with any home remedy. It is therefore essential to rush towards the doctor as soon as the symptoms start revealing.
**Be careful about your hygiene to stay protected from such a disease.
Vitiligo is a skin diseases in which the skin loses it’s pigmentation due to autoimmune destruction of the cells. The focal pattern of this disease makes one lose the skin color in some areas of the body that lately merge together.
Home remedies for vitiligo
Vitiligo is one of the skin problems that does not end completely. Instead, one can prevent it via opting the home remedies as below;
- Make a diet plan that includes bananas, apples, chickpeas, dates, root vegetables, etc.
- Avoid coffee, pickles, alcohol, fruit juices, grapes, citrus, wheat products, and similar others
- Go for topical home remedies including a mixture of turmeric and mustard oil, a mixture of lemon and sweet basil and ginkgo biloba paste.
Impetigo is a contagious skin infection, caused by a bacteria named, epidermis. The major impact of this skin disorder is seen on the face, arms, and legs. It has two stages where the primary one impacts the healthy skin while the secondary one affects the broken skin.
Home remedies for impetigo
This mainly happens to toddlers between 2-5 years age, but this can also happen to any adult. Since the primary treatment for such a disease should be antibiotics that the dermatologist suggest, it can be followed by the home remedies that includes;
- Bathing for 15 minutes with an addition of up to 2.2% of dilutable household bleach.
- Careful when you have sensitive skin
- Avoid sharing your personal items
- Clean and clipped nails help prevent
- Do not share your bedsheet, towel, or any other piece of fabric with anyone else
- Prevent your infected area from the insect bites
Just like acne, this has also been defined as a common trouble for the skin that mainly affects the face, causing redness on chin, nose, forehead, cheeks, etc.
Home remedies for Rosacea
- Prior to purchase, ensure reading the ingredients of the products very carefully
- Give a try to natural anti-inflammatories including lavender, green tea, licorice, oatmeal, etc.
- Avoid foods that you are allergic to
- Medidate more and feel stressless
Such a skin problem is normally seen on the arms and legs and is common for people under age 30 and clears. It causes more like patches on the skin, appearing bumpy, slightly red, and rough.
Home remedies for keratosis pilaris
- Apply hydrating lotions
- Take warmer baths
- Make use of humidifiers
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
Among numerous skin problems, melasma is one of the common onesamong pregnant ladies as well as one among the individuals who are prone to being more into the skin.This skin problem mainly appears like the dark patches on neck, chest, face, or arms.
Home remedies for Melasma
It has been revealed that melasma may go on it’s own or it may turn permanent. Below are some of the helpful home remedies.
- Apply aloe vera, freshly extrated from the leaves
- Wear sunscreen and protect your skin
- Take glutathione in an oral form
This is one of the skin disorders that appears like the circular-shaped scaly rashes with raised border. This is itchy as the skin in the center appears healthy and clear, but the edges may spread outward.
Home remedies for ringworm
- Apply the antifungal paste made up of turmeric and water directly on the skin. Let it dry and wash away.
- Apply coconut oil two to three times
- Apply apple cider vinegar having it soaked into the cotton ball
With the pollution in the atmosphere and advancements all over the world, there is a rise in problems as well. Have I covered all the skin troubles above? No actually. Check out what’s left as below;
Dandruff vs dry scalp
We all know that the skin on the head is known as the scalp and when there is a trouble, visiting the dermatologist is one of the available options. Normally a lot of people have been considering the dandruff and dry scalp as the similar issue. But is it really the same? Although the symptoms for the two are same, there is a difference. Where the dry scalp means irritation in the skin and gets flakes off, dandruff is completely opposite, having too much oil on the scalp.
Home remedies for dry scalp
- Use a gentle shampoo followed by a moisturizing conditioner
Home remedies for dandruff
- Use a gentle shampoo. When severe, use a medicated dandruff shampoo
What are skin tags?
Skin tags are normally defined as the skin-colored growth in the skin, small, and soft. Being in the size of few millimeters to 5cm wide, the color of the tags may vary. These are found on the neck, under breast, armpits, and similar other soft areas. The main cause of skin tags is the rubbing of skin to the other, i.e. when the collagen cluster and blood vessels get trapped in the thicker piece of the skin. Concerning the harm relating to these tags, these are not cancerous and not even riskier.
Skin is precious to each and every human on the earth. Besides the color of the skin, the clear and perfect skin is an asset. So when there comes any serious skin disease, it is better to rush to the doctor rather than going for the home remedies. Alternatively, when skin troubles are harmless, these can easily be dealt using light home remedies with least