Be it a man or woman, hair adds more to the beauty. I have been reading out a large number of poetries where poets have been continuously talking about the beauty that comes with shiny and silky hair. I also consider it as the most noticeable part, believing that it enhances the personality and beauty. But what hurts me the most is the hair loss. Upon carrying out research all over the internet, I was surprised how our population is disturbed with the hair fall. Undoubtedly, it has become a severe problem, being faced by every age group. Where it has been noticed that men bear the pain, my observation also includes the stress every woman takes. Thereby, leaving a negative impact on her personality and style.
Before I enter into the solution that can help you say goodbye to hair loss, let first have a look into the reasons behind.
Major causes of hair loss or hair fall
- Micronutrient Deficiencies: Vitamin B7, VITAMIN B12, Zinc, Silica, Iron & essential fatty acids.
- Hormonal imbalances: High testosterone, estrogen dominance, thyroid imbalance, high cortisol, insulin resistance, PCOS, giving birth, Menopause.
- Environmental causes: Metal toxicity, chemical treatments, mites, pollution.
- Hair disorders: Alopecia areata,Androgenetic alopecia, Cicatricial (scarring) alopecia, Central centrifugal cicatricial (scarring) alopecia.
- Diet and poor nutrition: Weight loss, excessive vitamin A, eating disorder, protein, and iron deprivation.
- Medication: Birth control pills, high dose vitamin A, blood thinners, anabolic steroids, medicines that treat depression, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart problems, and gout.
- Stress and Anxiety
- Excessive use of hairstyling products
Quick tips to prevent further hair loss
I believe that the first and foremost thing that matters to control hair fall is diet. The point is much similar to the skin as the glow on the skin also comes with a healthy and balanced diet. Hence, make protein-rich and iron-rich foods a part of your diet.
Find out the others as below;
Use a mild shampoo and conditioner
Before you go for buying a shampoo, it is vital to understand the type of scalp you’re maintaining. Additionally, it is also essential to find the right way to give your scalp a wash. Washing hair depends on the scalp type. If you have dry scalp, it is not wise to wash your hair regularly as it may lead to dry scalp.
An effective conditioner in the same way is also essential. Not only it repairs the damage, it also help in locking the silky and shiny texture of the hair. Thereby, helping them in maintaining the smoothness.
Point to note;
- While selecting a shampoo, ensure that it is mild. This means that it carries the least chemicals. A shampoo you use should be free from sulfate, silicon, and paraben as these turn out to be the common reason for hair fall.
Avoid every type of chemical treatments and styling products
Chemical treatments and hair styling for the time being appears extremely beautiful. But in the long run, it shows all the harm that it makes to the hair. This is why, the best option is to avoid using them and pay greater attention towards the natural home remedies.
Head massage twice a week
Just like body massage is a key to strengthen the body, head massages also works wonder. When the oil touches the scalp, it not only nourishes, but also improves the circulation of blood.
Points to remember
- Ensure that you go for head massage before shower (at least 2 hours before)
- Cover your head to let it stay warm (Wear shower cap)
- Wash the oily hair with a mild shampoo
How dermatologist deal with hair loss issues?
No matter if the scalp is dry or oily, loss of hair is vital. Being the middle child, I have always been curious to know about how the dermatologist can help treat hair loss. Although there are multiple treatments, the earlier hair loss treatment is quiet tough to handle, especially when the hair loss issue is severe.
This medicine is directly applied on the scalp, and stimulates the growth of hairs. The drug is approved by the food and drug administration (FDA), and it is the only hair re-growth medicine. The drug comes in the form of foam or gel, that is applied on your scalp. The treatment takes at least six months for proper hair growth.
Some possible side effects are unwanted hair growth on the skin of hands, and face, scalp irritation, and rapid heart rate.
Laser light emitting devices such as combs, and brushes might stimulate the growth of hairs. Because these devices have been classified as medical devices by FDA so, they do not undergo any vigorous testing.
Sometimes body inflammation may cause hair loss. For this, dermatologists may give corticosteroid injections into your scalp. This is the best way to stop the inflammation that usually occurs when an individual is suffering from Alopecia areata.
The drug is FDA approved and used to treat hair loss in men. Many men experience slowness of hair loss while taking this medicine. The drug works by stopping the production of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a male hormone.
Side effects include increased risk of prostate cancer, and diminished sexual function, and sex drive.
Some Natural hair treatment you can try at home
- Massaging: Massage your scalp with oil to enhance hair growth because massaging activates dormant follicles of scalp.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel conditions your strands, and soothes your scalp. It releases blocked hair follicles, and reduces dandruff.
- Coconut milk: Being rich in protein and essential fact, It is a great source of preventing hair from falling. Further promoting hair from growing. Get a medium-sized coconut oil and simmer into the pan for at least 5 minutes. Take it out and let it cool. Now add a tbsp. of fenugreek seeds and crushed black pepper. Apply and let it rest for 20 minutes. Wash away with a mild shampoo.
- Coconut oil: Essential fatty acids present in coconut oil penetrates deeply inside the shaft, and reduce protein loss.
- Licorice root: Licorice is a herb that prevents hair fall and protects it from any damage. Not only it soothes the scalp, it also helps get rid of dandruff. Take around 1 tbsp ground licorice root and ¼ tsp of saffron. Add the two in one cup milk and make the paste. Apply on the scalp, wear shower cap, and let it rest overnight. Wash away with the mild shampoo in the morning.
- Fish oil: Omega fatty acids present in the fish oil are very helpful in improving your strands from inside.
- Onion Juice: Onion juice is the best choice to treat hair loss. It improves circulation, and stimulates hair growth.
- Lemon: Lemon oil maintains your scalp healthy, and encourages the growth of your strands.
- Egg Mask: Egg- the popular kitchen ingredient is prone to promote healthy hair growth. The application is quite a simple one. Break the egg and add in 1 tsp of honey and olive oil. Make the paste and apply from the scalp to the tips. Let it rest for 20 minutes and wash away.
Hair Transplant Therapies
If you are not getting better results from other treatments, then you might think about hair transplantation to improve your hair density. Some common hair transplantation therapies are:
- Bio-gen therapy: This therapy initiates the growth of hairs as the dominant hair follicles are activated by this therapy. This therapy delivers all essential nutrients to the roots via microinjections. The overall procedure is painless, and takes only 30 minutes.
- Mesotheraphy: In this type of therapy injections of amino acids, minerals, and vitamins are injected into the mesodermal layer of skin to enhance hair growth.
- Platlet rich plasma therapy (PRP): In PRP, essential growth factors are extracted from your own blood, concentrated, and then injected directly into the scalp to enhance the process of hair growth.
- Hair root stimulation treatment (HRST): This therapy enhances cycle of hair growth, and stimulates blood circulation. It is the most important part of the hair growth.
Also learn about kukui nut oil benefits..
Prevention and management tips;
There are many tips, and home remedies that can prevent hair loss. Few of them are:
- Take a balanced diet in order to get an adequate amount of protein and iron.
- Avoid tight hairstyles like braids, buns, and pony tails.
- Avoid hair instruments like iron straightener, and curler.
- Do not brush wet hair.
What are the tips you are ready to go with? Feel like sharing with us? Do share with us in the comment section as below!