Cloud video Streaming is slowly becoming the new face of the event industry for providing digital solutions to viewers across the world. More small, as well as medium enterprises, are switching to these providers for a boost in the creation of brand awareness and global audience reach.
In addition to this, it is not feasible for the service providers to create infrastructure each time before the streaming session starts. Here comes the role of cloud live streaming.
In this blog, we will be covering some important aspects related to cloud live streaming, features as well as the importance of this video streaming service.
What is Cloud Live Streaming?
Its roots go far back to the traditional era when broadcasters use different hardware tools to stream videos to their audiences. The cost of the infrastructure was quite high and actually not feasible for most of the broadcasters.
For this reason, cloud live streaming evolved. Cloud streaming uses software that can be easily accessed over the internet.
To make it simple for broadcasters to view the information and processes from any location as long they have a computer and dependable internet access, files and data are kept in the cloud.
In comparison with other live streaming services, cloud live streaming services tends to rely on dedicated cloud servers for hosting video files as well as the accumulation of piles of user data that can be accessed at any time.
With the help of video transcoders, the functioning of cloud-based live streaming has gone much easier and more reliable. It is a very effective way the creation of multiple copies of a single video file without actually taking the resources away from the encoding process.
The virtual cloud servers which we are using here, thus actually come from the physical ones which are responsible for the collection of large data. Additionally, with the use of cloud-based servers creation of on-demand content has gone much easier as it can be stored directly in them.
Features of Popular Live Streaming Cloud Service
With the selection of the right type of cloud streaming platform, you tend to build your brand’s credibility globally with an increase in audience reach.
Content Management system
- It is very essential to monetize and systematically organize the shared content before the delivery of the video file at the user end.
- With the help of this video management system, making and storing quality content on the cloud servers have become far more easy.
- Likewise, most of social media platforms use this facility to interact with their audience. In the same way, live streaming cloud platform also comes with this feature.
- With this, organizors can record their live event to be viewed later by the audience.
- Additionally, a live recording doesn’t compromise with the quality of live streaming and viewing experience.
- With the help of these services, it becomes very easy to measure the performance of the event along with audience engagement data.
- You can opt for the best strategies which work for improvement in audience count, engagement as well as event popularity parameters.
- This is one of the major advantages of using these cloud live streaming services. There is no headache of the shortage of storage whatsoever. With its cloud storage facility, you get additional storage capacity to store your data. This comes along with the server hardware as well as additional features.
- additionally, it is also integrated with IT systems which makes it a prime feature when it comes to cloud-based video management.
Top 5 Advantages of Cloud-Based Video Streaming
Here is a list of some of the most popular advantages of the cloud-based video streaming –
- Their security and data protection measures are world-class when it comes to protection against cyber attacks. You can easily upload and save your videos over there with your device.
- Additionally, with cloud management systems you’ll get the latest security patches to keep you up to date with your data.
- It becomes very easy for your audience to watch your live streaming session at home, outside, or wherever they are just with a single tap on their device.
- All types of content on these platforms are easily accessible to the audience. They can watch streams in any video quality resulting in the prevention of bandwidth issues.
- Videos can be played instantly, without any downloading.
More Optimization Options
- It is very easy to integrate with all other applications which are streaming the video. For example you can easily integrate with zoom, skype, Dreamcast, twitch, etc., and view them through your video solution without even downloading them.
- With this feature, you can easily optimize your video and control who has access to your videos. Saturation of content is also possible with these cloud live streaming services.
- With the help of data redundancy services, the creation of backup on cloud servers has become far more convenient and easy. Additionally, the replication of the data stored in the cloud is also feasible.
- Google cloud platform live streaming ensures that no data is lost in the case of hardware failures.
Finding that one video among thousands when your company has a lot of videos stored can be tough. Through tagging and internal video search for persons, objects, and spoken words, a cloud video platform can make this easier for you.
Though RTMP live streaming has gone out of date, it is still used backstage in many cloud-based live streaming services for ensuring a better viewing experience. But, in most cases, its alternative HLS, etc. have found their ways to engage with the audience in the best way.
You can quickly glance at all of the several cloud-based online streams that content firms can choose from and use with their newly-packed features.
In the end, broadcasters, content providers, or professional streamers must ascertain their company hosting needs and analyze various choices in accordance with those demands.